Best Family Venue 2017For events in the previous Family Arts Festival
best Age-Friendly Welcome 2018
artsdepot is a multi-award winning cultural hub voted Best Age Friendly Welcome at the 2018 Fantastic For Families Awards, Best Family Venue 2017 at the Family Arts Festival Awards, and Best Independent Cultural Venue at the Dot London Awards 2016. Our venue incorporates a 395 seat theatre, 148 seat studio theatre, Creation Space (research lab), gallery, drama, dance and art studios, free children’s playspace, café and bar.
2016/17 was our busiest year yet, we presented 527 events and welcomed 154,000 visits. We supported 22 artist residencies and provided 244 subsidised theatre tickets and free lunches for socially isolated people aged 75+. As well as presenting an impactful and broad creative programme, encouraging artistic innovation and supporting artist development, we also engaged with people of all ages through our extensive participation programme. 11,477 children and young people took part in creative learning and performance opportunities delivered by artsdepot and its partners over the year, 130 schools benefitted from group booking discounts. Over the year we received £300k of public funding from Arts Council England representing 15% of income, we also paid £303k to the government in taxes.
We are host to undergraduate performing arts college London Studio Centre, who have a suite of studios and facilities both on and adjacent to our site.
Find us at...
- 5 Nether St
- Tally Ho Corner
- N12 0GA
Our family-friendly offer
We want the whole family to enjoy their trip to artsdepot and have prepared the following information to help you plan your visit.
- Baby changing facilities are available in unisex toilets on levels 2, 3 and 4.
- Our building has step-free access throughout, making it fully accessible for buggies.
- During performances we have a buggy park outside the auditorium. This is monitored by a steward but it's best to take any valuables in with you.
Food & Drink
- Our cafe offers a range of tasty and nutritious food including Ella's Kitchen organic baby meals for little ones. During family shows children's lunchboxes are available for £4.
- High chairs are available in the cafe.
- We are happy to heat up baby milk during cafe opening hours.
- Age guidelines are listed for all shows, where applicable.
- We try to provide as much information as possible about the content of shows. If you have any queries, please contact the Box Office.
- For most family performances, children under 18 months are considered 'babes in arms'. They don't need a ticket and are not allocated as seat as they can sit on the lap of their parent or guardian. They may be asked to leave if they become distressed and cause disruption to performers or other audience members. You are welcome to re-enter the auditorium once they have settled.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a grown-up.
If you have any questions while you're here please don't hesitate to contact a member of staff; we're happy to help.
The soft play area is now situated in a new space on Level 2, around the corner from the cafe. Created especially for our littlest visitors, this dedicated space features:
- New, improved soft play
- Book corner
- A chalkboard wall
- Space for grown-ups to relax
We are committed to making sure everyone can enjoy our facilities. If you'd like to discuss any access requirements before you visit, please call our Box Office team on 020 8369 5454. And if you need any assistance while you're here, just ask a member of staff, we're happy to help.
London04-Dec-2018 - 06-Jan-2019
One wild and windy night the Gruffalo’s Child ignores her father’s warning and tiptoes out into the snow. After all, the Big Bad Mouse doesn’t really exist... does he?3 - 9 years
London11-Dec-2018 - 31-Dec-2018
After its sell-out success over a decade ago, Oily Cart's Hippity Hop is back to meet a new generation of hip young things.2 - 5 years