Vote for Brighton Open Air Theatre (BOAT) as your favourite organisation for families and enter the prize-draw to win an iPad Mini
* One vote per organisation per email address. We will only contact you if you win the prize draw or if you sign up to our newsletter
- BOAT is a 425 Capacity Open Air Theatre in Dyke Road Park, Hove.
- BOAT is open annually from 1st May through to 30th September
- BOAT has an artistic policy of open access and hosts a huge range of events including Theatre, Music, Comedy, Family and Special Events and Private Occasions.
- BOAT does not receive any public funding relying instead on ticket sales and private donations
Find us at...
- Brighton Open Air Theatre (BOAT)
- Dyke Road Park
- Dyke Road
- BN3 6EH
BOAT is by definition a ‘RELAXED VENUE’. Set in a public park with no cover we do not have ‘black-outs’ as the sun serves as house lighting. Our shows are accompanied by the ambient noise of birdsong, children playing and some distant traffic sounds. There are no restrictions on audience movement during shows, there is a field and play park near by offering excellent ‘chill out areas’ for adults and children.
Doors Open an hour before the show starts for people to farmiliarise themselves with the venue. Audiences are encouraged to bring in their own picnics and drinks.
BOAT offers a complimentary ticket for a personal assistant /companion should you require one.
The auditorium is made of tiered astro-turf terraces. Most audience members sit on blankets on the astro-turf. If you find sitting without support uncomfortable you may bring ‘camping chairs’ to sit on. However these must be placed on the back row of the auditorium so as not to obscure sight lines for other members of the audience.
If you have specific access requirements, would like to book a complimentary personal assistant ticket, make a reservation without using our website or just want to feedback about our accessibility contact us on email@example.com or call 07802 299267