Best Age-Friendly Event 2017For 'Lunchtime Concert' with Cardiff County & Vale of Glamorgan Symphonic Brass
Best Family Welcome 2017For a range of events contributing to the national Family Arts Festival
A creative space for music and ideas, St George’s Bristol is one of the country’s leading concert halls. A music venue in Bristol of international note, it boasts a superb acoustic and unique atmosphere which attracts the world’s best artists.
A full and vibrant programme, with over 250 events each year, makes St George’s an incredibly popular and important music venue for all genres.
St George’s is also a charity (registration number 295178) dedicated to promoting high quality music to diverse audiences. We do this by offering the best classical, jazz, blues, folk and world music as well as family concerts and talks, plus learning and participation programme.
We rely on ticket sales and venue hire to meet much of our annual running costs of £1 million, receiving public funding of just £35,000. Each year we are faced with a shortfall of around £300,000 which must be raised from donations. To find out how you can support St George’s, please visit Support Us.
Find us at...
- St George's Bristol
- St George's Bristol
- Great George Street, off Park Street
- BS1 5RR
Our family-friendly offer
St George’s Bristol welcomes children and families throughout the year and we hope to make your visit an enjoyable one. The site is accessible to pushchairs and wheelchair users when approached via the gates on Charlotte Street.
All year round we present a range of events suitable for children and families
We offer the following ticket promotions that may be of interest to families visiting us:
- Free carer tickets are available for each full-paying ticket holder who requires someone to assist them with their visit.
- A limited number of £5 student tickets are available for certain concerts.
- We offer free tickets for 8-25 year olds for all of our lunchtime concerts. There are also free tickets available for 8-25 year olds for certain chamber music concerts thanks to our friends at the Cavatina Music Trust. Look out for their logo when booking and quote CAVATINA at the box office. Visit cavatina.net for details.
- We offer one ticket free in every ten for all group bookings for events programmed by St George's Bristol. We also offer a Family ticket, where one child goes free in a family party of four or more.
We have a stunning pavilion-style extension, with exhibition and performance spaces, and Café Bar with delicious home-made light lunches, coffee, cake and healthy drinks and snacks for children.
For more information, please visit the following pages on our website:
- St George’s Bristol regrets that due to our listed-building status there is limited access to some parts of our building. However, St George’s welcomes customers with additional needs and there is a dedicated accessible entrance from Charlotte Street via a lift which provides step-free access to all of the venue with the exception of the galleries. Please be aware that access to the galleries is currently by stairs only. Please mention your particular needs to the Box Office staff when you book and we will give you all the assistance and advice you need.
- Limited parking space is available for disabled ‘Blue Badge’ holders in the adjacent car park but must be reserved in advance – call the Box Office to check availability.
- Free carer tickets are available for each full paying ticket holder who requires someone to assist them with their visit.
- St George’s Bristol is equipped with the Sennheiser MobileConnect WiFi sound amplification system. MobileConnect uses WiFi to deliver superior quality audio to a smart device such as an iPod or iPhone, either through headphones or via a necklace for hearing aid users. The sound levels can be adjusted on your device to suit your needs and our House Team will be happy to assist you with this. Headphones/necklaces can be booked via the Box Office in advance or borrowed on the day, for a refundable deposit of £5. Visitors can download the Sennheiser MobileConnect app using the links below to use on their own device and can also use their own headphones. [Google Play Store or App Store]. Please speak to our Box Office Team for more information at the time of booking.
- Accessible toilet facilities are located within the Bar and beside our Charlotte Street entrance, with both locations accessible by lift.
- Guide dogs are admitted to all parts of the venue.
For more information, please visit the following page on our website:
Bristol28-Jun-2019 19:30 PM - 21:00 PM
Jess Gillam Saxophone Martin James Bartlett Piano Chloe Hanslip Violin Bartosz Glowacki Accordion Andrey Lebedev Guitar8 - 16 years