Z-arts was formed in 2000 as a creative space for young people with a priority on providing participatory activity. The mission of the Z-arts company is to inspire and enable generations of young...
Highly Commended 2017For event 'Bear Hunt, Chocolate Cake and Bad Things' with Discover Children's Story Centre
Best Family Venue 2016For contribution to the national Family Arts Festival
Z-arts was formed in 2000 as a creative space for young people with a priority on providing participatory activity. The mission of the Z-arts company is to inspire and enable generations of young people from Manchester and beyond to use creativity to maximise their potential. This is achieved by supporting an individual’s creative journey from their first steps in creative practice to becoming a practising artist. Here are few examples of the many ways the Z-arts fosters this creativity:
- early years arts workshops
- after schools and holiday programmes across various art forms
- schools engagement work, creative curriculum support and linking days
- vocational arts training such as mentoring, work placements, shadowing and observation
- artists masterclasses
- adult training and life-long learning
Z-arts creates an artistic hub in their large building with twelve public rooms including a 230 seat theatre, a gallery, a fully equipped dance studio, music studio, a café and rehearsal and workshop rooms.
Find us at...
- 335 Stretford Road
- M15 5ZA
Our family-friendly offer
- The men and women’s toilets have accessible toilets and baby changing facilities
- Free drinking water
- Healthy food / drink options always available. Breastfeeding friendly
“Bright Sparks at Z-arts is the most innovative and best value arts scheme in Manchester, possibly the UK” - Rachel, parent & Bright Sparks Member
The building is wheelchair accessible.