Win an iPad Mini by voting for your favourite venue or organisation
To vote simply visit the organisation profile for your favourite family-friendly venue or company. There, you'll be able to cast your vote and leave feedback on why you think they are fantastic for families. Voting is open until 18th January 2019. By submitting your vote you could also be the lucky winner of a brand new iPad mini 4 in our prize-draw!
Along with the Audience Choice award, our panel of experts will soon be revealing award winners in the following categories:
Best Family Event
Best Family Welcome
Best Family Venue
Best Age-Friendly Welcome
Application is now open and organisations can self-nominate. Why not suggest it to your local venue?
Who were last year's winners?
- Winners of the national Fantastic for Families Awards 2018 have been revealed at an awards ceremony at Carriageworks Theatre in Leeds
- Eight awards were presented across 5 categories, judged by a team of experts in arts and culture for families
- 12 organisations were recognised across the Awards which included Best Family Event, Venue and Welcome
The Fantastic for Families Awards Ceremony took place on Thursday 1st March 2018 at the Carriageworks Theatre in Leeds, recognising outstanding contributors to arts and culture for families. Awards recognised the most engaging events for families taking place over the last year as well as highlighting the outstanding organisers amongst the huge variety of organisations welcoming families across the UK.
Awards also recognised those who have considered the needs of older family members visiting an event, as well as organisations who have responded to the caring responsibilities of their own staff.
And the winners were:
Best Family Event Award
- British Ceramics Biennial for The Clay Pit
- The Lowry for The Topsy Turvy Family Arts Festival
- Royal Albert Hall, BBC National Orchestra of Wales and BBC Proms for Relaxed Prom
Best Family Venue Award
Best Family Welcome Award
- MishMash Productions in partnership with Inspire: Culture, Learning and Libraries for their run of Smile
Best Age-Friendly Welcome Award
Best Family-Friendly Workplace Initiative
In association with Parents in Performing Arts
PLUS: The Fantastic for Families Audience Choice Award went to:
View the full list of shortlisted organisations.